Examination details for External/private July 2020
Kindly read the Guidelines below carefully. Examination Fee once paid will not be refundable.
Based upon the guidelines issued by The University Grants Commission (UGC) on 29th April 2020 for conduct of examinations during COVID-19 Pandemic, the University has decided to conduct the examinations for July-2020 session on the following pattern:
A. The eligible semesters for examinations are a) semesters 1st, 2nd and 3rd for PG Programs and b) semesters 1st, 2nd, 3rd,4th and 5th for UG Programs.
B. UGC Guidelines on all students for final semester i.e. semester 4th for the PG Degree Programs and semester 6th for the UG Degree Programs is still awaited. The examination status / mode of examination / Assessment for conduct of such examination will be notified on www.tgounagaland.com.
C. The External / Private Candidates admitted prior to December 2019 session, need to submit Assignments of 60 pages
(5000 words approx.) on each subject/paper from at least three topics as per prescribed syllabus (available at https://www.tgounagaland.com/courses-2) which will be evaluated out of 50 marks instead of 30 marks. The candidates can use A4 size sheets or Ruled loose papers and write in his/her own handwriting. All subjects/papers need to be stapled/binded individually as per the required number of papers prescribed in the syllabus.
D. The External / Private Candidates admitted during December 2019 – June 2020 session, need to submit Assignments of 100 pages (8000 words approx.)on each subject/paper from at least four topics as per prescribed syllabus (available at https://www.tgounagaland.com/courses-2)which will be evaluated out of 100 marks. The candidates can use A4 size sheets or Ruled loose papers and write in his/her own handwriting. All subjects/papers need to be stapled/binded individually as per the required number of papers prescribed in the syllabus.
E. Theory Examination will be evaluated for 50 marks based on their previous semester examination result paper-wise i.e. whatever was scored in respective papers out of 70 marks will to be converted to 50 marks for each subject/paper.
F.The scheme of “Carry forward” (for the subjects in which the student has failed) will be allowed for the current academic
year in the universities and every student will be promoted to next semester/year. However, such students may clear the
examination for the course in which he/ she has failed/ remained absent, whenever the examination is held next.
G. Incomplete examination forms will not be accepted under any circumstances. The Examination Form must be submitted along with the exam fee and Assignments for each subject by post to Dimapur (Sodzulhou Village, PO-ARTC, NH-39, Dimapur – 797115, Nagaland) on or before the 18th day of August 2020 or scanned PDF File for each subject with scanned exam form can also be sent through email to [email protected] on or before 31st day of July 2020. Assignments received after the due date will be rejected.
Writing and sending of Assignments
- The Assignments being submitted should be in own handwriting of the student
- The first page of the assignment shall include only the complete roll number, name of the student, course name, semester, paper (I or II or III .. as per the syllabi) and complete name of the paper. The writing of assignment can be started from the 2nd page and onwards.
- If the assignments are being sent by post to the University address, each assignment subject wise should be stapled / binded seperately but, packed together in one packet.
- If the assignments are being sent through email, subject wise assignments are required to be scanned in PDF Format and the name of the files shall be as – e.g. roll number BA/UG/354/2019J is to send paper-I then the file name should be “BA UG 354 2019j paper I” and so on as per the applicable number of papers.
- One email with scanned assignments for one semester is applicable only.
Depositing the Examination Fee (July-2020 COVID-19 Pandemic Session)
- Examinee’s can send the demand draft as mentioned on the examination form.
- In case, postal services have not resumed, the examinee should mention the transaction ID in the Exam form and can make use of the University Website for making examination fee payment through the online gateway available below.The Assignments being submitted should be in own handwriting of the student